Monday 9 May 2011

Stockholm I


We just came back from five beautiful days in Stockholm. I took lots of photos, which I look forward to sharing with you in the next few days (I've found I really like doing that... it allows me to go back to many happy little moments again, and to keep the wonderful holiday feeling going for a little longer).



We had the most traditional (or stereotypical is maybe a better word) arrival in Stockholm. First we were greeted by a reindeer on our way from the airport to the city (well, he was just eating grass on the side of the highway, but I was very excited about the whole swedishness of it all already!).
Then the weather turned out to be quite chilly and a bit rainy, which I guess is quite normal for Stockholm at this time of year, and which was a great contrast with the warm almost summer-like weather we had been having in the Netherlands before leaving.
And third, we had the first of many meat-ball-y type of food of the weekend, on board the very cool boat-hotel we stayed on for the night (the first photo is the view from our very small cabin).

A great start to a fantastic long weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I should spend more time in here. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to come as often as you want, Flemming! I try to post almost every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...