I seem to have developed a bit of an obsession with neon colours lately, and last weekend I decided to turn one of my plain white tops into a bright nautical shirt, and while I was at it, I also made a necklace and a pair of earrings in matching tones.
Here's how I did it.
Neon nautical top:
1. Apply masking tape onto the front of the shirt leaving regular stripes of fabric showing in between (see jumpsuit 3 - sailor stripes in the tutorial I posted over at Fellow Fellow recently) for an example.
2. Make sure everything which shouldn't get sprayed (i.e. the sleeves, the table, the walls, etc.) is well protected with your protective plastic.
3. Spray shirt thoroughly with neon spray paint.
4. Let dry.
5. Repeat all steps on the back of the shirt.
6. Let dry.
7. Remove strips of masking tape, and admire you work.
Neon necklace and earrings
1. Spray a few of your wooden beads (I sprayed 7; five for the necklace, and two for the earrings).
2. Let dry.
3. Thread all your beads on your chain.
4. Voila! The necklace is ready!
5. Cut nails with cutting pliers so that they don't stick out of the bead.
6. Glue nails into beads.
7. Let dry.
8. Glue earrings studs at the back of beads.
9. Let dry.
10. Enjoy your new outfit!