Friday, 4 January 2013

our wedding | homemade cake


It is the tradition in my family for my grand-mother to make the wedding cakes; she's made the ones for all her children and grand-children's weddings so far. I was so happy she could make ours too, even though our wedding was on the other side of the planet!
The cake was a traditional British fruit cake, and it was delicious.
 

For the decoration I was very much inspired by this picture (via). I made the little hearts out of fondant which I folded in half and let dry on an angle... and my mum and my aunty were extremely patient in placing them all on the finished cake. At that point I was so busy running around the place semi frantically, trying to think of everything we needed to finalise before the wedding, that I would certainly have made a complete mess. :-)

 
It is also the tradition to keep the top part of the cake and eat it at the birth of your first child... I'll keep you posted! hehehe...


Photo credits | 1 & 2: Mathieu Collioud | 3,4 & 5: Claire Dalgliesh



1 comment:

  1. Joyous to know about your wedding. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my sister’s wedding reception at one of graceful San Francisco wedding venues. Decorated venue with lovely flowers and everyone liked these decorations very much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...